Did you get hurt in a motorcycle accident in Hamilton, Ontario? If so, you may be able to recover compensation from the at-fault party. Findlay Personal Injury Lawyers can help you obtain money damages for your pain and suffering, lost wages, other financial losses, and more.
We’re a well-regarded personal injury law firm with a track record of success you can count on. Our Hamilton motorcycle accident lawyers have nearly a century of combined experience and have secured more than $100 million for our clients. If you hire us, we’ll treat you like family and make your motorcycle accident case a top priority.
How Findlay Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident in Hamilton
When you ride a motorcycle, traveling from one place to another becomes just as much about the journey as the destination. But at the same time, motorcycles are inherently much more dangerous than automobiles – and serious injuries can occur as a result. If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident that was caused by someone else, you deserve to be compensated in full.
When you hire Findlay Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll dedicate the full force of our legal resources and expertise in favor of your case. We’ve received the Readers’ Choice Award from the Hamilton Spectator on more than one occasion in reference to our outstanding legal services. We can help with your motorcycle accident case in Hamilton, ON, by:
- Evaluating all of your damages
- Determining the liable party or parties
- Collecting evidence in support of your case
- Working with experts as necessary to strengthen your case
- Negotiating a fair settlement agreement on your behalf
- Filing a lawsuit against the at-fault party if needed
Contact our Hamilton personal injury attorneys today to get started. Your initial legal review is completely free of charge.
How Common Are Motor Vehicle Accidents in Hamilton?
The City of Hamilton makes available an Annual Collision Report for various types of accidents. Motorcycles are included in the City’s data for motor vehicle accidents as a whole. The most recent report is based on collisions from 2022 and states the following:
- There were 8,087 total motor vehicle collisions in Hamilton in 2022
- Of that total, 6,927 were property damage collisions, while 1,144 were injury-causing and 16 were fatal
- These figures mark an increase of 18.7% in overall collisions compared with 2021, but a decrease of 1.5% regarding injury-causing collisions
- More than half of collisions took place at intersections
The report also notes that over the past five years, on average, a collision occurred roughly every 65 minutes in Hamilton.
What Damages Can I Recover After a Motorcycle Accident in Hamilton, ON?
Personal injury law in Ontario allows you to recover damages that represent both your financial expenses (pecuniary damages) as well as the consequences of the accident that aren’t as easy to quantify (non-pecuniary damages). Examples of damages you can get include, but are not limited to:
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- Loss of expectation of life
Learn about your legal rights and options following a motorcycle collision by contacting us today for a free consultation.
How Valuable Is My Hamilton Motorcycle Accident Case?
Determining how much your case is worth is one of the most important steps of the personal injury legal process. If you don’t calculate the full value of your claim, you might end up with less compensation than you are entitled to. Factors such as the following might impact your case’s value:
- The severity of your injuries and the types of injuries you’ve sustained
- Whether you will be able to return to the workplace
- Whether you are partially to blame for the accident
- How strong the evidence is that supports your claim
- Whether you will make a full medical recovery
- The nature of your financial losses as well as your pain and suffering
If you select Findlay Personal Injury Lawyers to represent you, we will conduct a thorough evaluation of your case so that we can demand appropriate compensation from the at-fault party. Learn more about how much your claim might be worth by giving us a call today to set up your free initial consultation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Hamilton?
Motorcycles are smaller than most other motor vehicles, making them more difficult to spot on the road. They are also more nimble and are usually faster than the average car. Overall, the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Fatigued driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Improper lane changes or turns
- Poor weather or road conditions
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving, such as speeding
You may be owed compensation if you were involved in a motorcycle accident that was another person’s fault. Get in touch with our law offices today for further information.
We’ll Fight for Compensation Based on All of Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Because they aren’t protected by a metal frame, motorcyclists are susceptible to sustaining severe injuries in the event of a collision. We can help you pursue compensation after suffering any of the following kinds of injuries:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Road rash
- Traumatic brain injuries, such as concussions
- Nerve damage
- Leg injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Chest injuries
- Back injuries
- Puncture wounds and lacerations
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Wrongful death of a family member
No matter the injuries you’ve been caused to sustain, you may have a legal case against the responsible party. Our law firm is here to assist you throughout the process.
Who’s Liable for My Motorcycle Accident in Hamilton, Ontario?
Ontario offers “no-fault” insurance to motor vehicle operators, including motorcyclists. After a collision, you can utilize this coverage to get benefits no matter whose fault the accident was.
If you don’t have this type of insurance policy, it’s possible that you can file a claim with the other driver’s “no-fault” coverage instead. In situations where this is not an option, such as in a hit-and-run accident, you may be able to obtain compensation through the Province’s Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund. These options could eventually entail filing a lawsuit against the at-fault driver in a court of law as well.
It’s important to fully understand your legal options after a motorcycle accident so that you can maximize your compensation. We encourage you to schedule a free case review with us as soon as you can after your accident so that we can let you know your best legal course of action.
What Will Happen if I’m Blamed for My Motorcycle Collision in Hamilton?
In Ontario, you can still recover compensation even if the motorcycle accident was partly your responsibility. Your insurance coverage should still provide benefits regardless of fault. Regarding any lawsuits against the at-fault party for additional compensation, however, your damages can be reduced based on the percentage of the collision that you are found to be at fault for. For example, if you are assigned 25% of the blame for your accident, your damages can be reduced by 25%.
Contributory negligence is often a key point of contention in a personal injury case, but having a skilled personal injury lawyer on your side allows you to respond to allegations of blame effectively.
What Is the Time Limit for Filing a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit in Ontario?
The Limitations Act in Ontario establishes deadlines for filing lawsuits. If you submit your lawsuit too late, you will likely not be able to recover compensation from the party who caused your collision. By default, you will have two years from the date of your accident to file a legal action in court.
However, note that there are exceptions to this time limit for some cases. Contacting our law firm as soon as possible after your accident is the best way to protect your legal rights and confirm the deadline for your specific case.
Schedule a Free Case Review With Our Trusted Hamilton Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Findlay Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help if you were injured in a motorcycle collision in Hamilton, Ontario. If you hire our Hamilton motorcycle accident lawyers, we’ll work hard to recover the compensation you need and deserve to move forward.
Call us today or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.
What Our Fort Worth Clients Are Saying About Us
Read more reviews here.
Highly Rated Physical Therapy Clinics In Hamilton, On
- Hamilton Physio & Rehab – Hamilton Downtown James St S – 200 James St S #207, Hamilton, ON L8P 3A9, Canada
- ProActive Health – Medical, 460 Main St E Building, Suite M1, Hamilton, ON L8N 1K4, Canada
- Hands of Care Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Clinic – 25 Charlton Ave E #101, Hamilton, ON L8N 1Y2, Canada
- Physio Art Rehabilitation – 1 Young St, Hamilton, ON L8N 1T8, Canada
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Our personal injury law firm in Hamilton, ON also handles:
- Hamilton Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Hamilton, ON
- Hamilton Car Accident Lawyer
- Hamilton Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
- Hamilton Construction Accident Lawyer
- Hamilton Dog Bite Lawyers
- Hamilton Long-Term Disability Lawyers
- Hamilton Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Hamilton Negligence Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Hamilton, ON
- Personal Injury Attorneys in Hamilton, ON
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers in Hamilton, ON
- Hamilton Truck Accident Attorneys
- Hamilton Workers Compensation Lawyers
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Hamilton, ON